The objective of the Fund is to help the formation of lay Catholics in H.K. in accordance with the needs of the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong; to assist the applicant with financial difficulties to receive education, either locally or abroad, in Biblical studies, theology, religious education, moral, justice and peace, liturgy and pastoral subjects etc.; to help in school/course fees and/or living expenses.
APPLICATIONS PROCEDURE IS APPENDED BELOW:
1. Eligibility : lay Catholic in Hong Kong may apply as an individual.
2. All applicants should fill in an application form and return it to the Office of the Laity Formation Fund (hereafter called “the Office”) at Bishop’s Office, 12th Floor, Catholic Diocese Centre, 16 Caine Road, Hong Kong. Applicants should state in writing the aim of his/her formation plan and future plan.
3. Applicants should nominate two referees one of whom should be a priest or religious sister. Referees are requested to give reference on the applicant to the Office. Referees should have known the applicant well and they should know each other for at least three years.
4. In case of necessary, applicants are required to attend interviews. The decision of the Board of Trustee shall be final.
5. All applicants will be processed and answered within 2 months from the deadline date for receiving applicants.
DEADLINE DATES FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS:
Applicants for overseas studies: 31st January each year (should submit English Application Form)
Applicants for local studies: 31st July each year.
The Office of the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong Laity Formation Fund, Bishop’s Office, 12th Floor Catholic Diocese Centre, 16, Caine Road, Hong Kong.