The Diocese has adjusted the provisional measures announced yesterday afternoon in connection with Diocesan Offices and Parish Offices, as follows:
1. On condition that the more important administrative and pastoral services are provided and not interrupted, Office Heads and Parish Priests may allow for more flexibility in the working-hours and the working-place (either office or at home) of their staff.
2. The provisional measure mentioned in Item 1 above takes effect from the end of the Lunar New Year Holidays (i.e., from January 29) until further notice.
3. The staff who have visited the Mainland in the past 14 days before the publication of this Notice, and those who in the future, as long as the new viral epidemic persists, have visited the Mainland, must report to the Office Heads or Parish Priests concerned, who will make an assessment case by case and make appropriate arrangements for those staff in accordance with the latest instructions of the Department of Health. In case of doubt, the Diocesan Curia should be consulted.
4. The staff who are sick should see the doctor as soon as possible, and should stay at home. The staff who work in offices should put on a surgical mask and keep personal hygiene.
5. Take note of any latest announcements from the Diocese.
Cardinal John Tong urges all the faithful to continue praying for the Mainland, Hong Kong and other regions affected by the Novel Coronavirus Infection, as well as for those infected, for government officials and for frontline medical and healthcare workers.