(c) Appointed Members: (Appointed by Bishop Stephen CHOW, S.J., for a two-year term, effective 1 January 2022)
Rev. Dominic CHAN Rev. Joseph YIM Tak-lung Rev. Fructuoso LÓPEZ MARTIN, MG Rev. Francis Xavier WONG Kwan-yau
5. PAROCHIAL APPOINTMENTS AND TRANSFER
5.1 On 1 December 2021, Cardinal John TONG, Apostolic Administrator, appointed with immediate effect Rev. Stephen WONG, SDB, Assistant Parish Priest in St. Anthony’s Parish, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, as Parochial Administrator during the sick leave of Rev. Pedro LEONG, SDB, Parish Priest.
5.2 Bishop Stephen CHOW, S.J., has made the following appointments and transfer, effective 3 January 2022——
Rev. Benedict LAM Cho-ming is to be appointed Parish Priest of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, Tsing Yi, New Territories, in place of Rev. Joseph CHAN Wing-chiu,.
Rev. Paul KAM Po-wai ceases to be Parish Priest of Holy Redeemer Parish, Tuen Mun, New Territories. Rev. Nicolas de FRANCQUEVILLE, MEP, currently Assistant Parish Priest of the same Parish, is to be Parochial Administrator until further notice.
II. DIVISION OF WORK AMONG THE VICARS GENERAL
By delegation of Bishop Stephen Chow, S.J., the four Vicars General will share the following administrative and pastoral responsibilities with effect from 12 December 2021 (Note: The following are the principal, ordinary responsibilities of the Vicars General, but they do not include other responsibilities they the Vicars General are entrusted with from time to time according to the needs of the Diocese):
Bishop Joseph HA Chi-shing, OFM, VG
Bishop Joseph HA, OFM, apart from his office as Rector of the Holy Spirit Seminary, will take up the following responsibilities: 1. Chairperson of Steering Group for Co-operation between Caritas and Parishes 2. Convenor of Ad Hoc Committee for Parish Renewal (in place of Rev. Dominic CHAN) 3. Chairperson of Hong Kong Catholic Diocesan Committee on Sexual Plurality Culture 4. Ex officio member of Diocesan Finance Commission (in place of Rev. Dominic CHAN) 5. Co-ordination of the work of each of the following diocesan bodies: 5.1. Parish Affairs (Hong Kong Island) 5.2. Diocesan Liturgy Commission 5.3. Diocesan Sacred Music Commission 5.4. Diocesan Building and Development Commission 6. Convenor of meetings involving all parishes (Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories).
Rev. Peter CHOY Wai-man, VG
Rev. Peter CHOY will take up the following responsibilities:
1. Administration of the Bishop’s Office 2. Chairperson of Commission for Ongoing Formation of the Clergy 3. Applications for Long-term Vacation Leave/ Further Studies of Diocesan Clergy 4. Chairperson of Board of Directors of the Catholic Truth Society of Hong Kong 5. Chairperson of Diocesan Commission for Ongoing Formation of the Laity 6. Chairperson of Board of Directors of Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong Laity Formation Fund 7. Chairperson of Hong Kong Catholic Board of Communications 8. Chairperson of the Professional Development of Religious Education Teachers in Hong Kong Catholic Schools 9. Chairperson of Diocesan Working Committee for “Following Thy Way” 10. Co-ordination of the work of each of the following diocesan bodies: 10.1 Hong Kong Catholic Social Communications Office 10.2 Diocesan Audio-Visual Centre 10.3 Diocesan Weeklies (Kung Kao Po/ Sunday Examiner) 10.4 Diocesan Computerised Records Centre 10.5 Diocesan Catechetical Commission / Centre
Rev. Paul KAM Po-wai, VG
Rev. Paul KAM will take up the following responsibilities:
1. Chairperson of Diocesan Vocations Commission 2. Convenor of Diocesan Committee in support of Parochial Social Concern Committees 3. Convenor of Diocesan Committee for Mission Sunday Celebration 4. Convenor of Ad Hoc Committee for Diocesan year-long celebrations with specific themes 5. Co-ordination of the work of each of the following diocesan bodies or communities: 5.1. Parish Affairs (New Territories District) 5.2. Diocesan Youth Commission 5.3. Hong Kong Catholic Commission for Labour Affairs and Diocesan Pastoral Centres for Workers 5.4. Diocesan Commission for Pastoral Services to the Disabled and Diocesan Pastoral Centre for the Disabled 5.5. Airport Chaplaincy 5.6. Small Communities of Faith 5.7. Prison Chaplaincies and related Lay Apostolates
Rev. Joseph CHAN Wing-chiu, VG
Rev. Joseph CHAN will take up the following responsibilities:
1. Chairperson of Diocesan Commission for Health Care of the Clergy and Religious 2. Funerals of Diocesan Clergy 3. Diocesan Annual Celebration for Jubilarians 4. Chairperson of Diocesan Ecumenical Commission 5. Co-ordination of the work of each of the following diocesan bodies or communities: 5.1. Parish Affairs (Kowloon District) 5.2. Diocesan Pastoral Commission for Marriage and the Family 5.3. Justice and Peace Commission of the Hong Kong Catholic Diocese 5.4. Diocesan Commission for Hospital Pastoral Care and Hospital Chaplaincies 5.5. Apostleship of the Sea 5.6. Hong Kong Catholic Biblical Association 5.7. Diocesan Commission for Interreligious Dialogue
1. The following responsibilities will be taken up by Bishop Stephen Chow, S.J., himself: 1.1 Applications and Extensions of Visas for Clergy and Members of Religious Institutes and Societies of Apostolic Life at the Immigration Department and Consulates 1.2 Interrelationship between Holy Spirit Seminary, Holy Spirit Seminary College of Theology and Philosophy, and Holy Spirit Study Centre 1.3 Chairperson of Diocesan Commission for Pastoral Services to Migrants Workers 1.4 Chairperson of Hong Kong Catholic Board of Education 1.5 Chairperson of Diocesan Finance Commission 1.6 President of the Council of Caritas-Hong Kong 1.7 Co-ordination of the work of each of the following diocesan bodies or communities: (a) Diocesan Pastoral Centre for Filipinos (b) Matters related to Religious Institutes, Societies of Apostolic Life or Personal Prelature (c) Pastoral Ministry to Ethnic Communities (d) Tridentine Liturgy Community (e) Diocesan Committee for Bioethics
1.8 Contact with Hong Kong Central Council of Catholic Laity
2. Rev. Dominic CHAN, apart from his office as Parish Priest of Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, will take up the following responsibilities: 2.1 Chairperson of Diocesan Commission for the Permanent Diaconate and Director of Formation for Permanent Deacons 2.2 Chairperson of Management Committee of Cathedral Compound 2.3 Appointed member of Diocesan Board of Catholic Cemeteries 2.4 Chairperson (in place of Rev. Benedict LAM) of Diocesan Fund-raising Commission for Church Building and Development 2.5 Member of Diocesan Finance Commission
3. Rev. Benedict LAM is to be appointed member of Diocesan Fund-raising Commission for Church Building and Development.
4. The Episcopal Delegate for Education, Mr. Joseph KUNG, will be responsible for co-ordinating the work of all the diocesan bodies related to Catholic education, including the Hong Kong Catholic Board of Education, the Hong Kong Catholic Education Development Committee and the Central Management Committee for Diocesan Schools.
III. DIOCESAN BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
(a) Appointed Members:
The following were appointed/reappointed by Cardinal John TONG on 5 October 2021 as Commission members, for a two-year term, effective 1 December 2021:
Mr. Philip KWOK, Chairperson Rev. Giovanni GIAMPIETRO, PIME Rev. Thomas LAW Rev. Deacon Julian IP Wai-wing Rev. Deacon LAM Sair-ling Mr. Albert CHAN Mr. Joseph CHAN Ms. Teresa CHU Ms. Ada FUNG Yin-suen Mr. Bosco FUNG Mr. Stephen HO Kin-wai Mr. Ken C.C. LAM Dr. LAU Kwok-yu Mr. LEUNG King-wai Mr. Edward LEUNG Sai-ho Mr. Simon LI Mrs. Agnes MAK TANG Pik-yee Mr. John WONG Po-lung Mr. WONG Wai-kwong Ms. Alice WOO Shih-yung Prof. Anthony YEH
(b) Ex Officio Members: Bishop Joseph HA, OFM (as Vicar General) Rev. David CHAN (as Diocesan Procurator)